Qualifications for Fellowship
The candidate shall have demonstrated distinction in research in statistics or probability, by publication of independent work of merit. This qualification may be partly or wholly waived in the case of
(1) a candidate of well-established leadership whose contributions to the field of statistics or probability other than original research shall be judged of equal value; or
(2) a candidate of well-established leadership in the application of statistics or probability, whose work has contributed greatly to the utility of and the appreciation of these areas.
Candidates for fellowship should be members of IMS on December 1 of the year preceding their nomination, and should have been members of the IMS for at least two years. You are welcome to email email@example.com to confirm that your nominee meets the membership requirement.
Electronic submission is required. Please use online form for item 1. All other items should be sent as ONE PDF via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the following subject: FELLOW NOMINATION: <Last name of nominee>.
1. Nomination form – which includes the following required information
- Name of Nominee
- Date of birth
- A list of not more than five publications or other reasons for the nomination
- Present position(s)
- Draft citation that might accompany the election to Fellowship
- Field of work
- Nominator contact information
Send the following via email to email@example.com include subject line FELLOW NOMINATION: <Last name of nominee>. All items should be packaged together by the nominator and should be sent as ONE PDF attachment (rather than individual files or as a zip).
2. Letter from nominator.
3. Recent CV (not older than 2 years). The CV should include a list of publications, all degrees and significant positions held.
4. Three supporting letters (in addition to the nominator’s letter). Letters are expected to explicitly address the above IMS criteria for fellowship. Only three letters will be accepted. IMPORTANT: For those submitting letters of recommendation, each letter writer may only submit letters of recommendation for TWO fellow nominees each year. Please be sure to pass this information to letter writers as you request letters of recommendation.
All items are required for consideration.
All nominations must be received by January 31.