To set up an IMS group, please send the following required attributes to email@example.com
- A Group name
- A Group Coordinator who is an IMS member
- A Group email contact address (by default that of the Group Coordinator, but possibly another adddress if the group already supports an email list)
- A brief statement of the Group’s purpose
- URL of the Group’s website, if it has one
The Group Coordinator is expected to be responsible for
- maintaining a list of email addresses of members of the group
- moderating messages to the group
- if necessary for desired services, corresponding with IMS staff and volunteers to maintain appropriate web pages either linked to or framed by the IMS website
- if web search or http listing over the group is desired, maintaining a list of http addresses of members of the group who are not IMS members
Group names, coordinators and purposes must be approved by the IMS.
Please allow one week for response.
To find out more, make sure to read the invitation to form an IMS group.