Information and Application
Current Affiliated Journals
Goals of Journal Affiliation
- To encourage independent, non-profit journal development in the field of probability and statistics.
- To provide the affiliated journal increased visibility, especially to IMS members and visitors to the IMS website.
- To allow listing and aggregation of content from a variety of sources thus providing the IMS a more interesting web portal.
- The journal’s focus must be of interest to some segment of the IMS membership.
- The journal must be controlled by a non-profit entity.
- The journal can be available in electronic, print or both.
- Journal articles must be peer-reviewed.
- The journal must have high editorial standards, both for its scientific content and for the technical quality of publication.
- The journal should provide a mission statement suitable for display on the IMS website.
- The journal should provide and maintain contact information for email correspondence with IMS.
- The IMS will not take any editorial, organizational or financial responsibilities for the journal.
- The journal and its web site will display the IMS logo with the following language: Affiliated with the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
- The IMS will list the journal on its web site under the heading of Affiliated Journals
- Affiliations will be non-exclusive: IMS affiliated journals may have affiliation relationships or sponsorship agreements with other societies.
- While the controlling entity may obtain copyright of articles, IMS expects the journal copyright agreement to be similar to the IMS copyright agreement with respect to the right of authors to publicly archive pre- and post-prints.
- Either party may terminate the affiliation at any time.
- The Publication Committee of the IMS evaluates the affiliated journals at 3-year intervals after an initial period of five years years, and reports to the Exec. Comm. In case, the Publication Committee’s recommendation is to terminate the affiliation of a specific journal, the executive committee will submit the recommendation to the IMS council for final consideration.
- To apply to have a journal become affiliated with the IMS, please send an email addressing all the requirements noted above to IMS Executive Director Elyse Gustafson, email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Publication Committee of the IMS. The Council of the IMS will decide on the basis of this review. The decision by IMS will typically be completed within 8 weeks.